Texto Amber

The Wine

Amber is an orange wine, that is, a wine that is made with white grapes with longer skin contact during maceration and fermentation. The 2018 harvest is a blend of Roussanne and Viognier from our field, both harvested on the same day, April 26th. As Roussanne has this beautiful golden-copper color we macerated both varieties with their skins at 5-8 ° C for 2 days. It was then co-fermented with the skins for 17 days at 13-15 ° C, delivering a beautiful “amber” tone. After that period and trying to investigate the behavior of the wine, we split approximately 60% in new barrels for 2 months, while the remaining 40% remained in steel on the lees. Because we bottled it without stabilizing nor filtering, it is prone to decant crystals over time, especially under lower temperatures.

Accolades

2018 Harvest 

  • 94 Points Amarillo anaranjado levemente turbio. Aromas particulares: pera de agua, rábano maduro, algo de nabo. Boca compacta, de buen peso frutal, goloso, algo dulce (La Cav)
  • 91 Points This is quite an estery skin-contact, unfiltered wine with plenty of pear-drop character, but it’s really fun and fresh, showing plenty of citrus. Medium body, weighty phenolics, but lovely acidity.  (James Suckling)
  • 94 Points Este Amber es la primera versión de este naranjo que incluye mitad roussanne y mitad viognier, todo de viñedos propios en la zona del bajo Casablanca. Este vino se cofermenta con sus pieles, en un contacto de unos 20 días en total, contando la maceración pre y postfermentativa. Este es un naranjo suave, amable. La acidez es muy potente, pero a la vez tiene sabores deliciosos y afrutados. Un vino refrescante para abrir con mollejas, morcillas o cualquier comida grasa. La acidez que hay aquí y el cuerpo que muestra, son razones suficientes como para ser buen compañero. (Descorchados)
  • 94 Points (Vinau)
Attilio Mochi Amber

TECHNICAL DETAILS

Vintage 2018
Appellation Casablanca Valley
Production 999 bottles
Varieties 50% Roussanne, 50% Viognier
Alcohol Content 14.9°GL
Residual Sugar 2.54g/L
Total Acidity (tartaric) 6.23g/L
pH 3.35